Friday, January 13, 2017

"A LITTLE CHANGE IS GOOD, FACED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION "

WELCOME TO CORNER CARE MINISTRIES OFFICIAL WEBSITE: 

Pastordwilliams50.wixsite.com/corner-care


(Here you can listen to my sermons, view my blogs, chat with me and send a prayer request all in one convenient location)






Scripture:

Colossians 2 (key verses :11-23); Jeremiah 1:7-8 & 33:3; Psalm 32:8 & Psalm 37:23; Proverbs 3:5-6 & 16:1-2

Definitions:

Serve:

To act as a minister of; to perform official duties to; to perform duties or services.

Conservative: 

Holding to traditional attitudes and values is cautious about change or innovation; A person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attributes.

Change:

To make radically different; To give a different position, course, or direction.





I remember back in the early 90's, a well-meaning sister in the Lord said to me, " We are a conservative people and there is no change". 

Well, at first, I thought it wasn't directed to me because there were so many people changing in the way they thought of how to bring a dying world to Christ. However, it was directed towards me.

You see, I was a radically saved Christian, but I didn't look like the norm. My hair, clothing, makeup and the whole entire "I" was different, but the Lord Jesus Christ in me, was the same. God's message in me didn't change, my values, principles and entire milieu perspective didn't change. So, why was I tossed aside, put down, ostracized and alienated for what they thought would keep me away for the good of the common Born Again Christian? 

I remember I came home in tears feeling like the slime under a worms foot. I remember the thought was if I took a bath in the word of God, I mean, reciting redemption scriptures then maybe it would make me more palatable to the high necked, tight faced, leather dried Christians I knew.

It was later on that night, the Lord woke me up. He told me to look at my white walls in my room. He told me that my sins were as white as the walls, I was made clean by His blood and no one can take that away. The Lord lovingly brought back to my memory of all of the persecuted Saints that were persecuted like me due to them being different.

 The Lord reminded me of Himself ( Isaiah 53); then He went on to bring back to my memory of the Apostle Paul, then in the present at the time, Helen Baylor, who was criticized for the song "Highly Recommended" due to its catchy tune. Oh, by the way, we had Tramaine Hawkins who went on Soul Train and not to mention Mylon Lefevre and Broken Heart and DC Talk in the early days, boy, I heard it all! I saw many Christians that was trying to reach a dying world and used their own uniqueness to let the world know we hear them.That we love them and we want them to know the Lord we love. So, why should I be any different? 

One thing the Lord said to me was," A little change is good, faced in the right direction and that direction is me."



For those who don't know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, I invite you into knowing Him. (Romans 10:9-14)

Prayer: Lord, Please forgive me of my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and cleanse me by your blood that was shed for me on the cross. Today, I renounce satan and all of my sins and decide to walk in your presence and power. Thank you, Father, for loving me and accepting me into your kingdom. In Jesus name, amen!


Now, once when you have prayed this prayer. I encourage you to purchase a bible, find a good church home and join a good bible study group. I encourage you to start with the book of Matthew and continue on. (Starter scriptures: Isaiah 43:25-26; 44:6-8; Isaiah 53; John 1)


Congratulations on your new birth! God blesses you!



Blessing,



Pastor D.Williams



No comments:

Post a Comment