Thursday, January 26, 2017

"IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PERCEPTION"

WELCOME TO CORNER CARE MINISTRIES OFFICIAL WEBSITE: 

Pastordwilliams50.wixsite.com/corner-care


(Here you can listen to my sermons, view my blogs, chat with me and send a prayer request all in one convenient location)







John 8:15

"You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one."


Perception:

The ability to see, hear or become aware of something through the senses.


Perceive: 

Become aware or conscious of (Something); come to realized or understand.





Mom Johnson and Me 

There was a  family friend,  a  sweet elderly lady, named Mom Johnson. She and her husband Pop Johnson lived across the street from my childhood home. When my parents were at work, she would babysit me. One day we were sitting on her veranda waiting for my parents to arrive home. Out of boredom, I started to play with her wrinkled hands trying to move the loose skin and protruding veins from one side to another. I remember looking up to her face and lovingly say, "Mom, you have beautiful blue eyes." and Mom Johnson replied, "Child, I don't have blue eyes, my eyes are brown." I didn't understand at the time because my five-year-old brain didn't understand what cataracts was. 

You see, my perception as I saw Mom Johnson's eyes were blue. In actuality, Mom Johnson's eyes were brown, they were cloudy blue from cataracts.

It's all about "perception". The way we see things in our world, may not be what is actually the truth. How we judge others may not be what is the truth about them. Maybe some of us were taught to judge another culture base on a generational fear that was never proven to be right. 



So, where, do we go from here...? 


WE INSPIRE TO CHANGE. WE ASPIRE TO GROW AND WE ENCOURAGE TO EDUCATE! 






For those who don't know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, I invite you into a loving relationship to knowing Him. (Romans 10:9-14)

Prayer: Lord, Please forgive me of my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and cleanse me by your blood that was shed for me on the cross. Today, I renounce satan and all of my sins and decide to walk in your presence and power. Thank you, Father, for loving me and accepting me into your kingdom. In Jesus name, amen!


Now, once when you have prayed this prayer. I encourage you to purchase a bible, find a good church home and join a good bible study group. I encourage you to start with the book of Matthew and continue on. (Starter scriptures: Isaiah 43:25-26; 44:6-8; Isaiah 53; John 1)


Congratulations on your new birth! God blesses you!



Blessing,



Pastor D.Williams



No comments:

Post a Comment