Saturday, January 21, 2017

"THE LORD WHO COMFORTS IN THE MIDST OF THE PAIN"


WELCOME TO CORNER CARE MINISTRIES OFFICIAL WEBSITE: 

Pastordwilliams50.wixsite.com/corner-care


(Here you can listen to my sermons, view my blogs, chat with me and send a prayer request all in one convenient location)








John 14:16

"And I will pray the Father and He will give you another Comforter that He may abide with you forever."




Have you ever wondered why a prayer for healing a love one, had not been answered? Have you ever felt that your prayers seem futile and insignificant before the Lord? 

I too have had those thoughts. I would like to give you hope. Hope in knowing that the Lord does hear your prayers.

In today's message, I would like to share with my own experience in praying for a loved one who had a terminal illness. I pray that it will give you peace, hope and will enlighten you and, encourage you while you are standing in prayer for healing of a loved one.




10 years ago, I lost my, very much loved, sister-in-law to Lupus. We had a kind of kinship with each other in regards to ministry. My sister-in-law was a great inspiration to me. She was my great encourager. She never wane from giving me an encouraging word when I needed it. I miss her very much! 

I remember when she called me giving me the horrible news that she had an inoperable brain tumor due to Lupus. She made me promise not to tell my husband and her family about the progressive state of the tumor that was inhibiting her brain. I kept calm, then I became angry at the devil because I knew that she had a great mission of God called on her life. 

So, every day, while she could still understand me, we would talk and pray make fun of her brother, my husband. The banter that we sisters do all the time. You know, make fun of our husband's habits. Talk about what drives us crazy but love them anyway. 

It was soon passed, that my sister-in-law couldn't speak anymore due to the tumor. At this time, it was only her husband and me that knew the truth of her illness.  However, to be clear, the family and church family knew about her Lupus and that she wasn't doing very well. So, we all kept a prayer vigil for her. 

Because of my guilt, I told my sister-in-law that she needed to tell the family.  I did tell my husband, which he forgave me. And, I repented before the Lord for keeping this secret. 

Soon after, We got the call that my sister-in-law was in the hospital and that she wasn't going to make it. In tears, I told my other sister-in-law to read and recite every healing scripture to her. I was hoping that my sister-in-law's spirit would receive God's word, and it would give her strength to hold on to fight. However, little did I know, she didn't want to hold on and God took her home. 

That night, in anger, tears, and remorsefulness, I asked the Lord, "Why?"

I remember, laying back in my recliner in the living room, crying. Right then, a presence and then a hand on my shoulder. I heard a voice say to me, "Look over to your right." I looked over and there she was! My sister-in-law! She was beautiful! She had on a white robe, with a gold crown and a gold sash that had tassels at the ends. I saw the ring on her finger and she had the brightest smile on her face. I saw the angels that surrounded the room in every corner. They even surrounded me. I heard a voice that said, "Don't worry, she is in my hands" "You need not  worry" "You need not  feel guilty." "I love you."

To tell you the truth, I was frightened. I was trying to make sense of it. I heard the Lord say to me once more, "You are going to tell others of what you are seeing" "This day, you will not be afraid to speak out" "I have an assignment for you" "You have to be bold in speech" "Be not afraid, you will speak my words.

I became scared again, but the Lord kept talking to me. He gave me clear concise direction on what to say and how to say it. "All this!" I said, "Lord, who is going to believe me?" "I am no one."  

After the encounter in my living room, I told my husband everything. I thought he would have my head checked. But, he actually knew it and wasn't moved by what I was telling him. That kind of unnerved me. I guess I wanted him to validate that I needed my head checked.  I told my husband that I was directed by the Lord, that I was going to speak at the funeral. I told my husband that I wasn't going to say a word. I was firm on that. I still thought I was exhausted from the whole ordeal and I was losing it. 



We are going to fast-forward to the day of the funeral. 



My husband and I arrived at my sister-in-law's home. No sooner me sitting down, that my other sister-in-law gave me a carnation and asked me to speak on the sibling's behalf at the funeral. Can this get any scarier? At first, I was in disbelief, however, I relented and agreed to do so. 

It was then, I believed in what the Lord showed me in my living room. I repented. I delivered everything he told me to say. And now, I am telling you my story. 

I want all of you to know. Please never think that your prayers are not heard when you are praying for a loved one. You see, what I failed to mention is, that the Lord showed me, that my sister-in-law wanted to go home. She was tired.

So, know that if one of your loved ones decided to go home early, just know that they are living it up with the best of them! We are to be so jealous! They get to sit in the lap of God, stroke His beard, bask in His presence. 



We should be SO blessed!







For those who don't know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, I invite you into knowing Him. (Romans 10:9-14)

Prayer: Lord, Please forgive me of my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and cleanse me by your blood that was shed for me on the cross. Today, I renounce satan and all of my sins and decide to walk in your presence and power. Thank you, Father, for loving me and accepting me into your kingdom. In Jesus name, amen!


Now, once when you have prayed this prayer. I encourage you to purchase a bible, find a good church home and join a good bible study group. I encourage you to start with the book of Matthew and continue on. (Starter scriptures: Isaiah 43:25-26; 44:6-8; Isaiah 53; John 1)


Congratulations on your new birth! God blesses you!



Blessing,



Pastor D.Williams




No comments:

Post a Comment