Monday, March 20, 2017

"DON'T PASS THEM BY"



Scripture:

Isaiah 58:10 


"And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday."


Deuteronomy 15:11 


"For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land."


Proverbs 14:21 

"He that despiseth his neighbor sinneth: but he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he."




Experiences Do Matter!


Over a series of my blogs, you will see an on-going theme for awhile. The Lord has directed me and I will do exactly what he asks. SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME!




I have been saved for over 35 years, and for the most of my walk in the Lord, I have experienced and seen a lot, like the most of you. However, I would like to share some of my experiences with you as per direction from the Lord.

This morning, the Lord put in my remembrance of an experience that I had when I was very young in Him. When I look back on this experience, I see that I was a trainee of His, and unknowingly, He was training me for what I am doing today...



ISN'T IT GREAT, THAT GOD'S TRAINING SESSIONS ARE NOT JUST ONE TIME IN YOUR LIFE, BUT IT'S A NEVER ENDING, NEVER CEASING, SCHOOL ROOM OF VALUABLE LESSONS, THAT CAN NEVER BE TAUGHT BY A HUMAN BEING. IT HAS TO BE "HOLY SPIRIT" TAUGHT, ONLY!




When I was nineteen-years-old, I was staying with my sister in Piscataway, New Jersey for the summer. One day, she and I decided to go to take the train to New York City. We ended up on 42nd street right in the middle of Times Square and right down the street from Central Park. Just as you walked past of most of the theaters, you came up to a hotel. At the time, I didn't know what a "relief hotel" was, and I needed to use the restroom. You see, some of the businesses there wouldn't allow you to use their facilities unless you were their patrons. So, I was desperate! My sister and I departed for a moment as I went into this building. Really, I didn't know what I was going into, however, I can tell you if you are part of my generation, think of the shows,"Hillstreet Blues or Baretta." When I was inside of the lobby of this building, it reeked of urine, feces and the "trash", well, a landfill could not compete!

I remember, I just stood there is disbelief! I couldn't wrap my head around what I was seeing. But, one thing I knew, that there were people living in the midst of the filth inside of this building and my heart went out to them. At the time I wished I was a millionaire, my thought was, "I would buy this building from this slumlord, and renovate it and place these people in a better environment." 

However, the reality was, I had no money, and was just on the cusp of going to college and didn't know anyone who had funds like that. 

I remember, just standing there when a young woman just my age came out of her apartment. She came up to me and asked me was I visiting someone there. I told her, "no", I needed to use the restroom and didn't see a public toilet in the lobby. The young lady was sweet enough to allow me to enter into her apartment to use her bathroom. But, I was not prepared for what I was about to see...

Mind you, it was in the middle of January, and we were just out of a snow storm. Everything was melting. However, as I walked into this apartment, it was filthy with trash all around and the window was open. It was dark and freezing. Over to the left of the room, I saw a tiny figure, it was a toddler, no older than three years old. This baby, only had on a very soiled diaper, with no shirt and bare feet. You know, I did forget to use the bathroom for a moment, because my attention was on that child. I picked him up and held him inside of my coat. You know, I did become angry at the mother, but I didn't say anything to her. I put the toddler down and went inside of her bathroom. There, well, she used the tub for a sink and the toilet, well, we won't go there! But, I can tell you, I didn't want to embarrass her, and I used it. Afterward, I talked with her and gave her my phone number and I gave her my last piece of money I had in my pocket to buy the toddler diapers. I was trying not to cry, I knew that baby was in harm's way. For the helplessness I felt, the only thing I could offer more for her is to witness about the Lord, give her my phone number and give her money. I still felt hopeless and powerless to help this woman. 

When I came out of this building, my sister was standing right outside of the door. She yelled at me. She explained to me about what a "relief hotel" was and that I was talking to an addict and I put myself in danger of being harmed. Could she make me feel any worse?! 

I was angry at myself because I wanted to help more. I wanted to take that baby and place him in better care. All I could do is to remember the address and call social services. Mind you, not to undermine the mother but, to help them both. This is all I could do with the limited resources that I had at the time. But, I prayed a lot for this child and mother. Even so much more for the child, because that child was the future. Do you know, that child would be 33 years old today? 

I don't know the fate of that child, but, I know a GOD that heard my heart's cry at a second of a heartbeat. I know a GOD, that saw the tears of that child and the demon of addiction that plagued that mother and HE does deliver and HE does send help even when my prayers seem like they won't move, THEY DO!

If any of you have experienced anything like this, I want to encourage you when you think you have nothing to give, YOU DO! 

GOD is JEHOVA JIREH, OUR PROVIDER! HE is the BREATH in our prayers! HE is the DELIVER that can dispatch angels all around the person that we send an incense of PRAYER up to HIM. 


USE WHAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR HANDS, AND DON'T BE ASHAMED OF WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO GIVE! REMEMBER, JESUS IS IN THE MIDST OF IT ALL!



Blessings in ALL that you lay your hands to for the Lord Jesus today!






For those who don't know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, I invite you into knowing Him. (Romans 10:9-14)

Prayer: Lord, Please forgive me of my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and cleanse me by your blood that was shed for me on the cross. Today, I renounce satan and all of my sins and decide to walk in your presence and power. Thank you, Father, for loving me and accepting me into your kingdom. In Jesus name, amen!

Now, once when you have prayed this prayer. I encourage you to purchase a bible, find a good church home and join a good bible study group. I encourage you to start with the book of Matthew and continue on. (Starter scriptures: Isaiah 43:25-26; 44:6-8; Isaiah 53; John 1)

Congratulations on your new birth! God blesses you!


Blessings,


Pastor D.Williams


Prayer ( Leave a prayer request and bible questions): 
pastord.williams50@gmail.com 







You can view my Instagram, Facebook, Faithful Blogger, Sermons via Soundcloud, God's Children Prayer Line and Twitter: 





Soundcloud:   https://soundcloud.com/pastor-d-williams


Facebook: Corner Care Ministries and Darcel Pastor D. Williams


Instagram: Pastordwill777


Twitter: Impastord


Blogger: Intropastord.blogspot.com


Faithful Bloggers:  https://www.faithfulbloggers.com/faithful-bloggers-directory/this-is-me-pastor-d-williams 





Promote Your Christian Blog(Google+): Pastor D. Williams




No comments:

Post a Comment