Sunday, March 19, 2017

"WE ARE NOT MEASURED BY SCALES"


Scripture: 


2 Corinthians 10:12

For we dare not make ourselves of the number or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise. (KJV)




Comparing yourself to someone's spiritual walk is a dangerous thing to do...



In this journey called "life", we all have scales that we measure ourselves with. Sometimes we create a scale based on some else's testimony, thinking that our situation may come out as the same. However, no one gives the entire story to the other, and no two situations are alike. 

Sometimes our scales can be all about the "looks." Comparing ourselves with someone else we deem more "godly" than us. "If I just change the way I dress" or "If I can quote more scripture or  praise more, that'll show 'em, I am a godly woman or man." However, you will fail with this type of mindset,  because we praise the Lord with our hearts, not with our minds. And, what might appear to be one thing, just maybe another. Be careful! The devil loves to deceive.

Sometimes our scales hinder God's creative flow in us. We judge our ministries based on what we see with our brethren. "Why can't my ministry flourish like them?" "How come my ministry is so slow in getting started?" Have you ever thought that God wants to use your creative flow to be different to move a certain sect of people? There is no room for comparison here. Enjoy learning what godly gifts that flow from you and keep it moving!

And for some of us, our scales don't move because of that donut we ate last night!

So, in all that I would like to articulate to you today. My encouragement to you is to be YOUR BEAUTIFUL CREATED SELF!


1. Don't base your walk on some else's testimony. You don't know how they got to their "there." Just know that you have your own testimony, and it's how you tell it that makes the difference in some else's life.

2. Don't base your walk or compare yourself to someone's appearance. Remember, it matters of how you "look" to others that make the difference.

3. Don't judge your ministry based on your brother's success. God is not finished with you. We all have our growth spurts and GOD has ALL time and SPACE in HIS HANDS!

4. If your bathroom scale doesn't move, GIVE UP THE DONUTS!😁






For those who don't know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, I invite you into knowing Him. (Romans 10:9-14)

Prayer: Lord, Please forgive me of my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and cleanse me by your blood that was shed for me on the cross. Today, I renounce satan and all of my sins and decide to walk in your presence and power. Thank you, Father, for loving me and accepting me into your kingdom. In Jesus name, amen!

Now, once when you have prayed this prayer. I encourage you to purchase a bible, find a good church home and join a good bible study group. I encourage you to start with the book of Matthew and continue on. (Starter scriptures: Isaiah 43:25-26; 44:6-8; Isaiah 53; John 1)

Congratulations on your new birth! God blesses you!


Blessings,


Pastor D.Williams


Prayer ( Leave a prayer request and bible questions): 
pastord.williams50@gmail.com 







You can view my Instagram, Facebook, Faithful Blogger, Sermons via Soundcloud, God's Children Prayer Line and Twitter: 





Soundcloud:   https://soundcloud.com/pastor-d-williams


Facebook: Corner Care Ministries and Darcel Pastor D. Williams


Instagram: Pastordwill777


Twitter: Impastord


Blogger: Intropastord.blogspot.com


Faithful Bloggers:  https://www.faithfulbloggers.com/faithful-bloggers-directory/this-is-me-pastor-d-williams 




Promote Your Christian Blog(Google+): Pastor D. Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment