Sunday, April 2, 2017

DON'T PASS THEM BY SERIES; "AN INVITATION TO LIVING WATER "


WELCOME TO CORNER CARE MINISTRIES OFFICIAL WEBSITE: 

Pastordwilliams50.wixsite.com/corner-care


(Here you can listen to my sermons, view my blogs, chat with me and send a prayer request all in one convenient location)






Scripture:



John 4:14

"But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” (ESV)




John 3:5-8

Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.  Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.  You should not be surprised at my saying, You must be born again. The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”(NIV)


Hebrews 9:27


"And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment."(ESV)



YOU CAN LEAD THEM TO "LIVING WATER" BUT, IT'S UP TO THEM TO TAKE A "DRINK."  



Her name was "Faye", she was a tenant of the Condominiums where I was the brief assistant manager. Each month, Faye would come into the office to pay her rent, and every time I would giver her the receipt and she would leave and I went on with my daily work routine. But, this particular time, Faye came into the office and asked me if I knew the Lord. So being very eager to share my faith I shared with her about salvation and invited her to my home church. At first, she was very reluctant, however, with encouragement she came to church with me. And, at her request, I conducted mini bible studies with her and did a Q&A on salvation and the Bible. 

Now, this went on for about three months and every day, I made progress with her hoping to win her over to the Lord. You see, she was hurt by clergy and I wanted to win her confidence. I wanted to show her love and acceptance and also, show her that we in the Lord don't bite!

Now, we are in the month of March, and Faye asked me to help her say the "prayer of faith". So, eager as I was, I gleefully led her to the Lord. I was so elated because I knew this girl had a hard life and salvation would be the key to her success in living a better life.  However, it was her past that we both had to fight. On her end, she had to let go of the demons generational curses that had held her back, and for me, the fight was to do warfare prayer and encourage her to stay with the Lord. 

In April, Faye's boyfriend came to live with her after his release from prison. This is where the enemy tried to seduce her back to her old world. However, being the fighter and prayer warrior that I am, I was not afraid of this felon neither the men that came over to visit him at the condo. So, I continued to encourage her to stay with the Lord in spite of his threats of harm to her and me. By the way, I didn't tell my husband the extent of the threats from this guy. However, this guy saw how big my husband was and my husband is a force to reckon with, so, I didn't fear. I had my Father in heaven, I had the power of the Holy Spirit, my protection angels and, I had my husband's bulk. I wasn't fearing for nobody! And yes, I tried to get her to leave this violent man on numerous occasions, but to no avail, she stayed. 

Later on, I found out that she was three months pregnant with his baby and he threatened to kill her if she had left him. So, I continued on being there for her and taking her to church whenever she wanted to go, which, was becoming less and less. 

One day, at the prompting of the Lord, I went to Faye's condo. At first, Faye was reluctant to open the door, so I knew that man was in there and preventing her from speaking with me. So, praying in the Holy Spirit under my breath, the devil finally let her go and she opened the door. I didn't go in, however, I did encourage her to come out to speak with me which, she did. At this time, I knew she was in danger. I told her if she needed shelter, for her to come to my place and I would make sure that she would get the help and asylum that she needed, that I had resources for her to help her.  

Every day, I went through this routine with her; coax her outside and talk to her, encourage her to come to church with me and wait on Sunday morning for her to come. And, no Faye.

But, this particular Sunday, which was Palm Sunday, Faye decided to come to church with me. I felt so elated! My thought was, "The devil is defeated and I won't let him have the upper hand on this child; Devil, take your hands off her!"

So, here we are in church, and my bishop had this sermon that I knew that my fears were about to become a dreaded reality. You see, I had a vision that Faye was not going to be here too long on this earth, and the urgency was to make sure that her salvation was cemented in our Lord and Savior Jesus. At first, I tried to fight these thoughts, but, now I know, that it was the Lord showing me that he wanted her saved before she left this earth.

Here,  we are in church on Palm Sunday. Bishop's message was on the acceptance of  Jesus before it's too late. One thing that still sticks in my memory, was the statement that Bishop said, "There are some of you that may not make it to the end of this week, You need to accept Jesus Christ, for some of you played around too long with God, and you need to accept Him before it's too late; For some of you, you will not make it to Easter." Well, my heart leaped in fear for Faye. I stood there praying in the Holy Spirit as if He was going to move her feet to run down to the alter and cement her salvation. But, that didn't happen. Faye just stood there next to me and stayed quiet the entire time. My thoughts were to grab her by her arm and drag her to the altar like she was my child. I wanted her to live! 

So, here I am, praying in the Holy Spirit that Faye would go down to the front and confirm her salvation, but, that never happened. And, I felt so sick inside, because I knew this was her last time to accept the invitation. 

Easter Eve is here,  and my husband was at work and I was getting ready for Easter day. Around midnight, I got a knock on my door, it was a police officer. He asked me if I was the manager on site, and I told him, "yes." Well, nothing was going to prepare me for what was ahead.

The police officer told me that there was a young woman that was three months pregnant and that she was fatally shot three times and was pronounced dead at the scene along with her boyfriend. I went down to where her body was and the police would not allow me near the crime scene but, the police officer told me that her body was in the doorway she looked like she was trying to escape. 

I blamed myself for months for not getting to her in time. I didn't know that the calls that were cutting off my dial-up connection were Faye. In the late 1990's, we had dial-up and I was on the computer. If anyone who has knowledge about dialups, they will disconnect when the phone rings, especially, when you only have one line.  And, my phone kept ringing, and I didn't want to answer it, I was in the middle of working on my computer. 

For many months I carried the guilt of "if only." I sank into a deep depression, I walked around in a mental fog filled with guilt, fear that I failed God. I played everything in my head like a record. Over and over trying to find ways of how I could have prevented this young woman from leaving this earth. It took a toll on my mental well-being. But, you know the great thing about our Lord and Savior? He will get you out of anything even when you don't have the mental strength to fight. The Lord showed me, not only he was protecting me and my three small children, ages 18 months, 5 and 6 years from this man who was shooting at anyone who was in contact with Faye, but, he gave Faye an invitation to salvation and resources to get out of her situation. Sadly, Faye chose to stay in her situation. 

She told me once, that she loved this man, and that they can build a life together. And, I told Faye if she stayed with this man that she won't have a life. It took a while, but eventually, I healed from this ordeal and now I am sharing this story with you.


What I would love for all of you to gain from this story....

1) Work to build their trust and give the invitation to salvation
2) Prayerfully lead as the Lord leads you.
3) Don't ever put yourself and your family in danger. God never places us in risky situations to bring harm to ourselves and our families. But, know that he will protect you if you find yourself there.
4) After the invitation, if that person never decides to commit themselves to Jesus Christ, know that you are loving and caring enough to want them to be in the Body of Christ. You gave your best to get them saved!
5) Know that you have done all that you could do within the power of God that he allowed you to do. Your obedience to the Lord to bring that soul to Him will not go unnoticed by Him.


KEEP SHARING AND LOVING THEM TO THE LORD OUR SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!





For those who don't know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, I invite you into knowing Him. (Romans 10:9-14)

Prayer: Lord, Please forgive me of my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and cleanse me by your blood that was shed for me on the cross. Today, I renounce satan and all of my sins and decide to walk in your presence and power. Thank you, Father, for loving me and accepting me into your kingdom. In Jesus name, amen!

Now, once when you have prayed this prayer. I encourage you to purchase a Bible, find a good church home and join a good Bible study group. I encourage you to start with the book of Matthew and continue on. (Starter scriptures: Isaiah 43:25-26; 44:6-8; Isaiah 53; John 1)

Congratulations on your new birth! God blesses you!


Blessings,


Pastor D.Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment